Claiming job seekers allowance?

Answer Savings and income are not the same thing. If he qualifies and is looking for work then he can claim. He should contact the DWP and register a claim, they will assess it to see if he qualifies.

Related Videos

Top Q&A For: Claiming job seekers allowance

How much do I get and how often, when claiming Job Seekers Allowance (UK)?

JSA is £71pw but paid £142 every fortnight. She'll get her paymens 3 working days after when her ESA payday would have been as she signs on on that day instead now.You should be on a joint claim ... Read More »

Is it possible to do voluntary work while claiming Job Seekers Allowance If so, how much?

Yes, you can. It needs to be for a registered charity though. If it is not a charity, then DWP would expect the employer to pay you, and would treat it as paid work (regardless of whether you actua... Read More »

What would be be a bettter use of people claiming Job seekers allowance?

I have always agreed that people claiming long term jobseekers should work in the community. A short dry spell with no work can happen to anyone but people abusing the system to sit around and stea... Read More »

Job seekers allowance and claiming benefits form?

Currently you can't just walk in to a Job Centre and sign on you have to make an initial application on line or on the phone. They then contact you with an appointment to attend the job centre for ... Read More »